- I saw Christmas decorations today while I was driving home from the library
- I put away my summer sandals and flip-flops and got out my winter shoes
- I also put away my light jackets and got out my thick winter coat
- I tried on my snow boots and snow pants
- I got an email from the radio station I volunteer for saying that they’ll start playing Christmas music on Thanksgiving afternoon
- We put space heaters in the living room and office
- There has been talk of a neighborhood Christmas party
- I already started forming a list of Christmas presents for friends (and used my new debit card to pay for the first gift!)
- I’ve started to get this primeval instinct to bake things
All of these clues can mean only one thing: CHRISTMAS MUST BE COMING.
Can we get past Thanksgiving first, folks?